Global Korea Scholarship (GKS)
- 2023 GKS application is open until 1 March 2023.
2023 GKS Application Announcement
Global Korea Scholarship supports the future global leaders and promotes the international cooperation in education by inviting talented international students to Korea for an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea.designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
Scholarship Period (Only Postgraduate courses are available for UK applicants)
- Master Degree: 1 year Language Courses + 2 year Degree Courses
- Doctoral Degree: 1 year Language Courses + 3 year Degree Courses
- Research Program: 6 months or 1 year
- Nationality : The applicant and his/her parents must hold foreign citizenship(s).
* Applicants with the Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
* Only the applicants with UK citizenship can apply via Korean Embassy in the UK.
- Age : Applicants must be under 40 years of age of the selection year.
- Degrees : Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of the 28th February of the selection year.
* Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program in Korea are ineligible to apply for the program.
- Grades : The academic achievement of the applicants must meet one of the followings:
- Score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked in the top 20% of one’s class.
- CGPA must be equal to or above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5 or 3.23/5.0.
Selection Procedure (Embassy Track)
- 1st Selection
Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies in their own countries. The embassies select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED.
- 2nd Selection
The NIIED selection committee selects the successful those who passed the 1st round.
- 3rd Selection
Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applicants of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
|Airfare||Economy class flight ticket (actual expense)|
(Mater’s/Doctoral) 1 million KRW
|Research Support Fee*||
(L.S.) 210,000 KRW
|Settlement Allowance||200,000 KRW (once)|
|Language Training Fee||
NIIED: 1 million KRW
|Tuition||All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university)
The tuition is covered by NIIED and the university.
|Medical Insurance||standard amount set by NIIED|
|Korean Proficiency Grants||100,000 KRW per month for scholars with TOPIK Level 5 or 6|
* L.S. (Liberal Arts and Social Science majors) / N.S.&E. (Natural Science & Engineering majors)
GKS Official Website
Get in touch
For more information please feel free to contact The Korean Education Centre in UK